Registered foreign participants and registered accompanying members are entitled to a sightseeing tour around Kandy and the cultural show of Traditional Dancing.
Those who wish to experience the scenic beauty and ancient cultural heritage of Sri Lanka are recommended to extend their visit by a couple of more days and visit the selected places of interest.
Some popular tourist attractions are given in the following websites.
1. Elephant Orphanage at Pinnawala (about an hour’s drive from Kandy)
2. National Botanical Gardens and University of Peradeniya Campus (about 30 mts driive from Kandy)
3. Sigiriya ancient rock fortress (about 2 1/2 hours drive from Kandy)
4. Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa, ancient Kingdoms with many Buddhist ruins (about 2 1/2 hours drive from Kandy)
5. Sunny beaches in the south and east
For more information please visit Sri Lanka Tourism website